ZR-1 ZR-1 ZR-1 ZR-1 ZR-1 ZR-1 ZR-1
Haibeck Automotive Technology
ZR-1 Preventive Maintenance
Attention to these items can help avoid the nearly inevitable problems that can occur if the maintenance is deferred for a very long period of time.
· Oil change and lubricate the front suspension. $42.50 plus oil and filter. Preference for a particular oil and filter can be fulfilled. We recommend Amsoil AMO 10W-40, $8.96/quart. We recommend the Bosch 3401 filter, $8. Complete oil change with 9.25 quarts of oil $121.77.
· Pressure flush the brake fluid. DOT 3 fluid is recommended for street driving. For racing, we match the type of fluid that is in use. For fresh racing preparations, we recommend Motul 600 DOT 4 fluid. This should be performed every two years. $85 with DOT 3 fluid.
· Remove the thermostat and pressure flush the engine cooling system. Reverse flush the heater core. Install a new Stant thermostat. Refill the system with OE type coolant. Remove the overflow bottle and clean the inside. We use Peak coolant. This should be performed at two to four year intervals. $192.
· '91- '95. Flush the clutch hydraulic system. This should be performed every two years. $41.75.
'90 OE clutch slaves do not have a bleeder valve. For '90's, remove the fluid from the master cylinder reservoir and clean the reservoir and refill. $21.75.
· Replace the transmission lubricant. We recommend Amsoil MTF synthetic 5W-30. This lubricant meets or exceeds the GM specifications for the OE PN 1052931 lubricant. This should be performed at 25K miles intervals for street driving, annually for racing. $72.
· Replace the rear axle lubricant. We use Amsoil SVG 75W-90 synthetic lubricant. We add the Amsoil limited slip clutch friction modifier additive. Perform this service after the gear set has completed the first 1,000 miles. Then after 100,000 miles. Perform annually for racing. $66.
· Flush the power steering fluid. We use Amsoil synthetic fluid. This should be performed at five year intervals, every two years for racing. $47.
· Tighten the oil pan bolts. This will extend the life of the gasket. Loose bolts contribute to the deterioration of the gasket. About half of the bolts are easy to access. They should be tightened at oil change intervals or once a year. Tighten the easily accessible bolts. $21.25.
All of the bolts can be tightened if the heat shields and braces are removed for access. This often reduces the leakage by 90%. We also tighten the cover for the oil pressure regulator. Tighten all of the bolts. $170.
'90. All of the above street fluids and without tightening the oil pan bolts. $611
'91-'95. All of the above with street fluids and without tightening the oil pan bolts. $631
Revision 22 22-May-15